Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oreo Buddies

I couldn't help myself! I had another box of Chex sitting in my pantry just waiting to be consumed. And since no one in my house would ever think to eat Chex as a "ceral," I decided it needed to be made into a new "Buddie Mix." And...I had Oreos left over from the Oreo Cupakes I made the other day, so... You guessed it - OrEO BuDdiEs!!! Yum!

OrEO BuDdiEs

Ingredients:
9 Cups Rice Chex® cereal
1 1/4 C white vanilla baking chips
1/4 C butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C crushed Oreo crumbs (6 cookies)
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
12 Oreo cookies crushed into small pieces

Directions:
Pour Chex into a large bowl; set aside. Mix butter and vanilla together; melt in micro 20 seconds. Add chips to butter and mix. Heat 1 minute more, stir, and heat another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Immediately add Oreo crumbs; toss to cover. Add powdered sugar and toss. Finally add the Oreo pieces and toss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment